Lightweight Demining Ensemble
The LDE is a modular suit that protects against blast type anti-personnel mines.
- Lightweight design reduces heat stress and fatigue for a deminer or UXO technician.
- The modular design can be configured quickly and easily by a deminer in the field depending upon protective requirements.
- Apron chest plate overlaps the Med-Eng LDH Lightweight Demining Helmet as well as TAC Visors and ARC Visors, for continuous protection over the upper torso, neck and head
- Retractable groin plate for easier kneeling
- Trousers include thigh and shin plates for greater protection
- The standard LDE suit includes an Apron (different from the Med-Eng Demining Apron) and Trousers.
- Options: To enhance chest and groin protection there are optional Sleeves, a Back Protector and Ballistic Add-Ons.
- Spare Parts: Med-Eng offers 1st level (field/user repairable) Spare Parts for the LDE so users can replace lost or damaged components in the field. This reduces “down time”, keeps a unit operational and reduces administrative costs.